Research Associate, CIS
- Full Time | Contract
- Master's or equivalent
- Singapore | Closing On 15 Oct 2022
contract ending September 2025
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- This position is for College of Integrative Studies (CIS)
- Co-lead research on urban vulnerability into heat on Singapore’s population through observational data analysis and environmental modelling simulations based on the Cooling Singapore 2.0 (CS2.0) initiative
- Test methodologies for examining resilience to urban overheating developed by PI and RF
- Write research papers and technical reports for CS2.0
- Assist with fieldwork and data collection for CS2.0
- Develop research products (papers, posters, technical reports) for academic publication.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g., Architecture, Building, Ecology, Engineering, Geography, Sustainability Sciences)
- Candidates with a exceptional Bachelor’s degree (e.g. Sumna Cum Laude; 1st Class Honours) will also be considered
- Expertise in quantitative methods (e.g., spatial data analysis, statistics) is expected
- Knowledge and proficiency in programming and statistical software is preferred (e.g., R, ArcGIS, Matlab)
- Good analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English is essential
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently and also collaboratively with team members