Postdoctoral Research Fellow, School of Social Sciences
- Full Time | Contract
- Doctorate or equivalent
- Singapore | Closing On 15 Oct 2022
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- The job duties include conducting fieldwork in China to collect data, critically reading social-science literature, conducting data analysis (both quantitative and qualitative), interacting with scholars in China, independently writing research papers, and presenting research findings in professional conferences.
- PhD degree in Sociology, Political Science, Geography, or Development/Environmental Studies
- A high level of proficiency in both Chinese and English (can read scientific literature, independently write research paper, and verbally communicate in fieldwork),
- Prior experiences of conducting fieldwork in rural China,
- Prior experiences and success in publishing research papers in peer-reviewed academic journals,
- Extensive knowledge of the social-science literature on rural China (preferably demonstrated through academic publications or comprehensive exams taken as part of the PhD degree requirement).