Part-time Lecturer / Assistant Professor in Music Performance Programme
UIC now invites candidates for this position (Part-time lecturer/assistant professor) starting in February 2023:
- Expertise in one or two musical instruments;
- Teaching courses as assigned by Music Department;
- Engaging in the promotion of Musical Performance Programme, and willingness to help with recruitment of music students;
- Performing in solo recitals, chamber ensembles and school’s orchestral groups;
- Instructing the training and performing of the School’s orchestral groups;
- Mentoring and advising student’s final year projects;
- Other duties may be assigned depending on the candidate’s qualifications and department needs.
All applicants should hold a Master and higher degree in music performance or/and extensive working experience in a related discipline. Successful candidates are expected to be committed to excellence in undergraduate teaching. Preference will be given to candidates who have teaching experience in a higher education setting.
The candidates should be with
- the ability to:
- communicate and collaborate effectively, respectfully and productively with students, staff and the community;
- keep abreast of national and international developments and initiatives in music;
- create, manage and deliver musical events that appeal to all the UIC communities.
- a commitment to:
- provide students with opportunities for employment through engagement with industry partners;
- provide students with a broad range of artistic opportunities to perform;
- maximize high standards of performance;
- evidence of success in the organization and coordination of music performance.
- Opera & Vocal studies；
- Orchestral Studies (Strings, Woodwinds, Brass & Percussion)；
- Chinese traditional instruments;
- Music Technology.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience. Fringe benefits include housing allowance, leave and social insurance.
- Job application form (for teaching staff);
- Current CV.
Appointment to this position will initially be made on a fixed-term contract of one year. Continuation of appointment beyond the initial term will be subject to mutual agreement.
All application materials should be submitted in English and Chinese.
*Please complete the job application form and upload the requested documents online: https://hrapp.uic.edu.cn/recruit/job/vacancy/JobDetail/469
*If you failed to submit your application online, please send your application by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include a curriculum vitae and a completed "Job Application Form" which can be downloaded from https://hro.uic.edu.cn/Job_Opportunities_/Application_Procedure.htm . Please indicate the position being applied for, including the field of expertise, level and reference number.
The College reserves the right not to fill this position, or to extend the search until suitable candidates are identified or to make an appointment by invitation.