Research Assistant (iHealthtech)
The research group headed by Assistant Professor Cheow Lih Feng is looking for a passionate and self-motivated candidate to join the team as a Research Assistant. The candidate will be involved in the research and development in the area of technology for single cell analysis as well diagnostics technology.
- Cell culture: Maintenance of cancer cell lines & tumor lines.
- Familiar to reviving, culturing and freezing of various human cancer cell lines
- Molecular biology Techniques: DNA and total RNA extraction, isolation, purification for PCR, Real-time PCR, library preparation for next generation sequencing
- Demonstrate ability to solve scientific problems creatively, effectively and independently.
- Inventory maintenance for routine laboratory consumables, ordering, oversee safety aspect of lab
- Applicants should possess at bachelor’s degree from a reputable university, preferably in Biomedical Engineering or Life Sciences.
- Highly motivated to work in an interdisciplinary environment
- Undertake independent research under the direction of the PI and with other lab members
- Applicants should possess at bachelor’s degree from a reputable university, preferably in Biomedical Engineering or Life Sciences
- Highly motivated with ability to work independently as well as a good team player
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Interested candidate, please send your cover letter, CV and names of 3 references (name, institution, email) to Asst. Prof. Cheow Lih Feng (email@example.com).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.