Research Fellow, Mind Science Centre
The National University of Singapore is seeking a highly motivated candidate as a Research Fellow for Mind Science Centre in the Department of Psychological Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The Mind Science Centre has been driving translational research in mind health and developing community interventions to enhance emotional resilience and optimize cognitive performance, across life trajectory, to build an undefeated mind. Innovating mind health with biology and social science, the research areas focus on population mental and social health integrative therapeutics in active ageing and optimising human potential, digital mental health and environmental effects on mental health.
The Mind Science Centre is a National University Health System (NUHS) Centre of Excellence and an academic research centre of NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, Dept of Psychological Medicine. https://medicine.nus.edu.sg/nmsc
The candidate will be offered a full-time Research Fellow position for 2 years at first instance, and renewable.
Purpose of the post
The Research Fellow will work closely with the MSC Centre Director and Principal Investigators, study team members and industry partners to drive integrative research efforts and grant applications, across multiple disciplines and institutions and facilitates industry engagement and collaboration.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Fellow is expected to:
- Leadership role in coordination of flagship research programs, activities including mentoring of junior researchers;
- Managing analyses of longitudinal epidemiological data and interpret statistical data of various projects;
- Apply for research grants with Principal Investigator and co-Investigators and assist with writing progress reports;
- Strengthen and expand existing research programs. Work closely with Principal Investigator and collaborators to identify partners and develop community interventions and program evaluation;
- Publish of quality research articles and conference proceedings; and
- Research administration.
The applicant should:
- Hold a PhD in Psychological studies, Biological Sciences, Neuroscience or related disciplines with strong research background;
- Previous experience in statistical analysis and grant writing / management will be useful and preferred.
- Have an established record of international publications;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; and
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Psychological Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 15380