Research Fellow, Quantum Communication Theory ,Centre for Quantum Technologies
About Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT)
The Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT) is a research center of excellence at the National University of Singapore doing cutting-edge theoretical and experimental science. CQT is located on the campus of the National University of Singapore and offers a friendly, international work environment. Learn more about CQT at https://www.quantumlah.org/
The postdoctoral fellow will work closely with Assoc. Prof. Marco Tomamichel in the intersection of information theory and quantum information, specifically on quantum communication theory and/or statistical approaches to quantum machine learning.
Some sample topics include:
- statistical and information-theoretic approaches to quantum machine learning;
- finite sample size effects in classical and quantum learning;
- quantum networks and quantum internet;
- other related topics in quantum Shannon theory;
We are particularly looking for researchers with a strong track-record working on technical aspects of quantum Shannon theory, but strong candidates with proven expertise in other aspects of quantum information are also encouraged to apply.
- Strong track-record working on technical aspects of quantum Shannon theory, but strong candidates with proven expertise in other aspects of quantum information are also encouraged to apply.
- The candidate is expected to have a PhD in electrical engineering, computer science, physics or applied mathematics and a strong publication record in information theory and quantum information.
- strong research profile that will enable him/her to find a good faculty position afterwards.
For this purpose the successful applicant will be granted significant independence concerning their research and receive generous travel funding. They will be expected to contribute to the group, for example by co-supervising student projects and assist with teaching.
For more information about Marco Tomamichel's research interests, please visit his homepage at http://www.marcotom.info/
Remuneration will commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Applications can be submitted via the link below and should contain: the latest CV, and letter of recommendations.
Location: [[Kent Ridge Campus]]
Organization: [[Centre for Quantum Technologies]]
Department : [[Centre for Quantum Technologies]]
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.