Research Assistant, Healthcare Data Science
We are looking to recruit Research Assistants to join our project in healthcare data science. These projects are hosted at the NUS-CISCO Joint Lab of National University of Singapore. We will be working primarily with Professors Mengling Feng and Mehul Motani. The selected candidate will be working in a truly cross-disciplinary team, where he/she will have the opportunities to work with clinical experts from SingHealth and NUHS. The selected candidate will also be part of our collaborations with our industrial partner, CISCO.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for data extraction, data standardization and integration, implementations for algorithms and methodologies based on state-of-the-art research in machine learning and big data for collaborative machine learning.
- Perform data cleansing and processing for analysis of real-world healthcare datasets;
- Development and implementation of machine learning algorithms for various clinical problem statements
- Assists with the editing and preparation of manuscripts, reports and presentations.;
- Participate in presentations and demos for exhibiting work at appropriate events;
- Possess a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or relevant field with a focus in AI/Machine Learning/Big Data;
- Solid programming and application development skills with experience in Python/R/C/C++, and experience with Tensorflow and PyTorch would be a plus;
- Ability to read and understand methodologies in research papers;
- Strong written and spoken communications
- Values team work
- Open to fixed term contract
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 12691