Research Associate, Social Service Research Centre
Social Service Research Centre (SSR) at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore (NUS), would like to invite suitable candidates to apply for a full‐time position as Research Associate. The appointment will be for a period of 2 years at the first instance, with the possibility of renewal.
Since April 2015, SSR has been creating change through impactful social service research and capability development. We are dedicated to promote and test social innovations and help evolve a new social service infrastructure for Singapore's next phase of social development. As the only entity dedicated to research on social interventions in Singapore, SSR is the focal point of rigorous applied research, working in tandem with social service leaders in government, civil society, and private philanthropic institutions to critic, test-bed and facilitate large-scale, community-based service innovations through a variety of methods including programme evaluation and social analytics.
The Research Associate will join a dynamic multi-disciplinary team, and have the opportunity to work with academics, field practitioners, government and non-governmental agencies in a variety of projects. He or she is expected to contribute to the Centre’s training and research programmes aimed at developing research capabilities for the social service sector. The candidate will also assist in the implementation of other major functions of the Centre such as its online publications, seminars and conferences.
The candidate should possess the following:
- A Masters Degree from a recognized university in disciplines that include Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Social Policy, and Behavioral Economics
- An aptitude for and relevant experience in collaborative as well as independent applied social science research
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong research and publication record
- Familiarity with Singapore’s social service sector
- At least two years of relevant research experience, please attach publication record if available
Interested applicants should include the following documents in their application:
- Cover letter and Resume (outlining your interest, research experience, qualifications, expected salary and publications if any)
- A writing sample (published paper, thesis or research article)
- Copies of degree scrolls and transcript of grades
- Recommendation letters from 3 referees
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated for successful employment with NUS.
MOM Updated advisory on COVID-vaccination at the Workplace, subject to changes in accordance with the national COVID-19 measures
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Arts & Social Sciences
Department : Dean's Office (Arts & Social Sc.)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 10712