Research Fellow, Cardiometabolic Diseases
A postdoctoral fellowship is immediately available in the Cardiovascular Research Institute (CVRI) at the National University of Singapore, ranked 21st in THE world university rankings, for enthusiastic and motivated candidates with a PhD and/or MD and an interest in basic and translational research on disease pathophysiology of cardiometabolic diseases. Through large-scale human studies, we have identified novel targets associated with atherosclerotic coronary artery disease and are now in the process of functionally validating these newly identified targets via cell and animal models. The targets include specific bile acids and/or semaphorins.
- Apply research techniques which include accurate in-depth assessment, interpretation and evaluation of research outcomes, conceptualize new ideas and develop plans for independent research with the potential for attracting research funding.
- Write and review research papers, present research outcomes and develop collaborations with local and international scientists.
- Contribute to project management, and provide guidance to more junior researchers as well as undergraduate students
- Maintain optimal experimental progress in the laboratory.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- PhD and/or Medical Degree with strong foundations in in vivo characterization of animal models, in vitro models, as well as in elucidating molecular mechanisms. Prior experience in cardiovascular and metabolic disease models is a plus.
- Experience in cell and molecular biology and protein biochemistry.
- Ability to work independently, and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and written.
- Driven and motivated, with potential to achieve research excellence.
- Ability to generate experimental results leading to high impact publications.
- Knowledge of the scientific background relevant to cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
- Strong team player skills and the ability to work harmoniously within a diverse workforce.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 15376