Research Assistant, Thyroid Disease - Department of Medicine
6 days left
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant for the conduct of human subject research in the area of thyroid diseases in the Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine.
Appointments will be made on a 1-year contract basis, with a possibility for renewal based on performance.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant will be involved in the conduct of human subject research in the area of clinical research in NUHS. He/She and shall be at different clinical sites most of the time. The Research Assistant will be involved in the conduct of human subject research in the area of thyroid diseases. These studies involve sample collection, informed consent taking, administration of questionnaires and coordinating with collaborators/external parties. He/she will also assist in procedures such as samples extraction and retrieval, the administration of questionnaires and data entry and data analysis. He/she will also be involved in performing laboratory assays and maintaining samples inventory in the laboratory.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Patient care
- He/she will assist in procedures such as anthropometric measurements, blood-taking, administration of questionnaires and data entry.
- He/she is essential to successful screening, enrolling and follow-up of study participants and patient education.
- Medical logistics maintenance
- Manage and maintain medical related equipment and work procedures to meet accreditation standards
- Follow-up on participants for blood taking
- The Research Assistant will help the investigators to ensure strict adherence to the study protocol, Singapore Good Clinical Practice Guidelines and other applicable regulatory and ethical requirements. He/she will also be involved in performing laboratory assays and maintaining samples inventory in the laboratory.
- He / She is required to maintain ethics submission and strict adherence to research protocol and prepare necessary documentation for audit purposes
- Liaison with external and internal stakeholders
The applicant should:
- Possess at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in qualifications in biomedical science
- Relevant venipuncture/cannulation skillsets
- Singapore Good Clinical Practice Guidelines and other applicable regulatory and ethical requirements is preferred
- Research in the area of thyroid diseases is of advantageous
- Relevant clinical and laboratory experience will be advantageous.
- Relevant clinical research experiences will be preferred
- Independent mature worker who is well-organized, has the ability to multitask.
- Possess good written and spoken communication skills.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and be willing to travel between the University and external study sites as part of his/ her work frequently
- Able to communicate effectively with study subjects and other members of the study team.
- Only Singaporeans/ PR
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 16855