Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Full Professor, Department of Communication Studies
DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNICATION STUDIES
Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Full Professor (PR0137/22-23)
The School of Communication
The School of Communication at HKBU, consisting of the Department of Communication Studies, the Department of Interactive Media, and the Department of Journalism, has a thriving student population of over 1,500 who are enrolled in 14 Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD programs. At this leading communication school in the Asia-Pacific region, faculty members actively initiate and participate in interdisciplinary collaboration with researchers from top-tier universities in various parts of the world.
The Department of Communication Studies
The Department of Communication Studies offers BA degrees in Advertising and Branding, Public Relations, and Organizational Communication. The Department invites applications to fill two open ranks, tenure track positions with one in advertising and another in public relations. In addition to the expertise associated with each position, candidates should exhibit the following attributes:
- hold a PhD degree in communication or a relevant field (e.g., social psychology, information management);
- have a track record of research publications in reputable communication and/or other high-impact social science journals;
- be able to teach advertising, public relations, empirical methods, and/or other communication courses (e.g. AI and social media advertising, branding communication, crisis communication, event management communication, consumer data and relationship management);
- maintain an active research agenda and produce quality research outputs;
- demonstrate a capability of obtaining competitive external funding; and
- show a good fit with the existing department strengths.
The initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of up to three years commencing August/September 2023. Re-appointments thereafter will be subject to performance and mutual agreement. Tenured appointments are expected to be attained in 6 years. Outstanding candidates at Associate Professor or above may be hired with tenure.
Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk) with samples of publications, preferably the best three out of their most recent publications/works. They should also request two referees to send in confidential letters of reference, with the PR number (stated above) quoted on the letters, directly to the Human Resources Office (Email: email@example.com). Those who are not invited for interview 4 months after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. All application materials including publication samples, scholarly/creative works will be disposed of after completion of the recruitment exercise unless upon request. Details of the Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date of the first round: 28 October 2022 (or thereafter until the positions are filled with qualified individuals).
More searches like this
- Communication & Media Studies Academic Posts jobs in Hong Kong
- Communication & Media Studies Professors / Chairs jobs in Hong Kong
- Communication & Media Studies Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Hong Kong
- Communication & Media Studies Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Hong Kong