Research Assistant, Pharmacy
The successful candidate will work with Dr Gloryn Chia on establishing empirical platforms for identifying and validating cancer vaccine candidates under a project on Cancer vaccines.
The main responsibilities of the position include
- Perform or assist in research such as cell culture and molecular biology
- Lab maintenance
- Safety lead
We are seeking a motivated Research Officer with experience in cell culture (organoids culture) and molecular biology work. Our team aims to engineer cells to develop alternative immunotherapeutic strategies to target refractory cancer types. The candidate will work closely with clinicians and bioinformaticians to establish empirical platforms for identifying and validating cancer vaccine candidates, and to translate research findings into clinical practice.
Qualifications / Discipline:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or other relevant disciplines.
- Competency in standard molecular biology and cell culture techniques.
- Demonstrates independence and willingness to learn new techniques.
- Good communication skills and team player.
- Experience in cell culture and molecular biology (e.g. PCR, cloning, flow cytometry, western blot, etc.) will be advantageous.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Pharmacy
Job requisition ID : 16314