KU is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to:
- Provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
The candidate will be working on the following specific tasks
- Design and development of a soft-robotic fingers
- Developing a compliant soft-robotic gripper
- Modeling the compliant soft-robotic gripper and verify the model with experiments
- Conduct experiments to validate proposed models
- Publish high-quality journal and international conference papers based on the obtained research results.
- Participates in scientific research as a professionally responsible member of the research team. participates in problem definition, planning and execution of the research approach, execution of experiments, interpretation of findings, documentation and reporting of results and progress, maintenance of research records and compliance with KU policies and procedures.
- Regularly meet with the Supervisor to communicate research results, to review focus, discuss concerns, troubleshoot, and manage expectations.
- Publish research results in top journals in the field in a timely manner. Present research findings at meetings.
- Mentor graduate students and/or undergraduate students
- Contributes to the overall activities of the research team and the Center.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Masters from a reputable university in in Robotics related Field (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering. Mechatronics)
- Experience of undertaking assigned research tasks and starting to manage own workload
- Contributing to scientific papers and academic journal articles where possible acting as lead/ corresponding author
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to function as part of a team working on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines
- Well-developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Masters gained from and/or experience working in a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 2 year of increasingly accountable relevant experience as a researcher in academia or in industry
- At least 1 lead author publication in a Q1 journal in the relevant field
- Experience contributing to high impact publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location : KUK – Khalifa University
Job : Research Associate
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time