Post Doctoral Fellow, Electrical Engineering
- A Postdoctoral position is available at Khalifa University of Science and Technology (Abu Dhabi, UAE) under the CIRA-013-2020, focused on the development of novel control strategies for renewable and energy management systems for hybrid AC/DC microgrids. The developed controls will aid in enhancing the low-voltage ride through capability as well as improve the protection effectiveness. The research will be dealing with both centralized and decentralized controllers.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries his/her best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Developing novel control strategies for renewable integration and control in hybrid ac/dc connected/isolated microgrids.
- Developing control strategies for Low-voltage ride through LVRT and protection enhancement for hybrid ac/dc microgrids.
- Developing new Energy Management strategies for microgrids with high EV penetration aiming for ensuring high efficiency and reliability of hybrid system.
- Design Optimal microgrid Architecture with AC/DC grid connections;
- Design centralized and decentralized Controllers for Hybrid wind/PV microgrid;
- Develop protection schemes for Hybrid AC/DC MV grid;
- Support in building a hardware validation test bed.
- Support in writing project reports, research articles, proposals, and presenting research achievements at conferences/seminars as well as filing possible patent application out of the project results.
- Assist in supervising undergraduate/graduate students working on tasks relevant to the project.
Qualifications & Experience
Interested candidates should have a Ph.D. in Electrical engineering with strong background in Power System Operation and Control. The candidate must have an established record of scholarship with significant journal publications and demonstrated expertise in power system and control.
We are particularly interested in candidates with the following qualities:
- Very strong background in Power system operation;
- Power System optimization & Control
- Renewable energy integration
- Self-independent and self-motivated;
- Very good mathematical background. Experience in Modeling;
- Very good written and oral communication skills;
- Work experience in relevant research projects is preferable.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location : KUK – Khalifa University
Job : Post Doctoral Fellow
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time