Post Doctoral Fellow
2. Job Purpose
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to train the students at AMCC and .
3. Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Theme development, outreach and other center support
- Fundamental research background (materials simulation and expertise on various softwares)
- Candidates are expected to work in a team on various AMCC projects to support synthesis and characterization of advanced materials through modelling and simulation.
- AMCC related activities, mentoring students and leading more than one project in the center
4. Qualifications & Experience
- PhD in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or a closely related field particularly in materials synthesis and characterization.
Research experience in Computational materials simulations via DFT/MD with focus on single-atom based surfaces, 2D and 3D materials and ability to support other relevant projects such as Nanoclusters/Perovskite nanocrystals, Covalent organic frameworks/Covalent organic polymers/New linkers chemistry etc.
Candidates should emphasize in their package evidence of high-quality publications as lead author and the potential to do independent research. These positions are initially for one year but are extendable based on satisfactory performance.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location : KUK – Khalifa University
Job : Post Doctoral Fellow
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time