Post Doctoral Fellow, Biology
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Design and characterization of new biomaterials
- 2D Cell culture
- 3D cell culture
- Characterization of 2D materials
- Viability and electrochemical measurements
- Contribute to the project success by accomplishing the set objectives in limited time
- Participate in meetings with supervisor/principal investigator and present research findings
- Write scientific publications and present results in reputable conferences
- Ensure compliance to laboratory HSE responsibilities and standards
- Assist graduate students in research and other teaching-related activities
- Assist graduate and undergraduate students in research and senior projects
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD Degree in Biology or related field from a reputed university
Minimum of 4-year PhD research experience. A prior postdoctoral experience will be preferred. The candidate is expected to have expertise in tissue engineering and cell biology. An experience with primary cell lines is desirable but not necessary.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time