- To provide high quality research support and undertake competitive research and development aimed at the KAU-KU research initiative thereby contributing to the academic and research translation mission of the University.
- The primary purpose of the role is to perform specific research and operating tasks related to the project led by Khalifa University on microplastics remediation from wastewaters. The candidate will manage data acquisition and modelling of the data. The platform developed during this project will involve experimental design, pilot operation and maintenance, student management, modelling of data, and executive reports drafting.
- The research associate will be expected to engage actively to acquire new and unique skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career (if relevant).
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop novel membrane materials from electrospun mats
- Test systematically the capture capacity of micropalstics
- Develop surface coating strategies to remediate bacteria contaminated samples
- Support and prepare monthly reporting and manage data
- Develop predictive models based on the performance acquired for the systems
- Interact with partners in KSA at KAU
- Conduct the specified program of research as defined by the approved project proposal, under the supervision and direction of the Principal investigators (Dr Giovanni Palmisano, Dr. Ludovic Dumee).
- Work in a collegial and cooperative manner with the Principal Investigator and other co-workers in the project, the research team and the funding agency.
- Engage in the reporting and dissemination of the results, as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the Principal Investigators.
- Support the Principal Investigators and research group in the design and development of the research program for the assigned project and related areas.
- Carry out administrative and management work associated with the program of research and the project.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by the Faculty supervisor, the Department or the University.
- Support, if required, the development of proposals for research funding.
- Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of the research group, department and university.
- Generate new ideas and links and builds upon existing ideas to propose unique concepts and solutions.
In addition to the research program to be developed, the candidate will supervise the work of a graduate student (PhD) and will support the research group and the project.
He/she will also provide training to new comers in material synthesis, characterization and testing.
Qualifications & Experience
- Ms in Chemical Engineering, or Process Engineering or Environmental Engineering
- Proven expertise in the area of complex data management and data modelling.
- Records of previous experience related to biomaterials handling and materials science
- Expertise in biology and bioengineering.
- Candidate should be familiar with the basic techniques and data analysis related to water treatment and bio-effluents operations.
- Demonstrated understanding of operational requirements for a successful research project and managing resources
- Proven ability to identify and fulfill the academic writing requirements for publications
- Proven record of working with team members and students supervision
- Experience on applied and industry focused research projects
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Research Associate
Job Type: Full-time