Assistant / Lector at the Department of Environmental Law and Land Law
Assistant or Lector at the Department of Environmental Law and Land Law in the field of Environmental Law and Land Law (0,5 FTE)
Department: Department of Environmental Law and Land Law – Faculty of Law
Deadline: 9 Oct 2022
Start date: from November 1, 2022 or by agreement
Job type: part-time
Job field: Science and research | Education and schooling
The Dean of the Faculty of Law, Masaryk University, announces a competition for a part-time position (0,5 FTE) of Assistant or Lector at the Department of Environmental Law and Land Law in the field of Environmental Law and Land Law
Masaryk University is the second largest university in the Czech Republic, with 10 faculties, more than 6,000 employees and more than 30,000 students.
The Faculty of Law is one of four public law faculties in the Czech Republic. The Faculty of Law of Masaryk University can be characterised as a modern, dynamic faculty, where the focus is on teaching together with scientific research. We are an institution where the term "research activity" and "scientific research" does not remain an empty concept. We have dozens of contacts with foreign experts and pedagogical and scientific institutions both on an individual and institutional level and provide excellent facilities for students and employees.
The Department of Environmental and Land Law is a department of the Faculty of Law MU, which carries out educational and scientific research activities in the field of private and public law. In the area of teaching, it provides mainly practical teaching in the field of environmental law and land law.
Your job will include:
- participation in theoretical and practical teaching at the workplace
- preparation of study and teaching materials
- involvement in research and development activities, including participation in publications (optionally as a lecturer).
- participation in the organisational support of research and teaching activities, including related administration
- Master's degree in Law from a Faculty of Law,
- interest in the field,
- prerequisites for independent scientific research, (only for the Assistant position)
- ability to teach and publish in Czech and English; knowledge of German welcome.
- moral integrity.
- the background of a prestigious and successful institution,
- a motivating and friendly environment,
- support for professional and personal development,
- professional growth and the opportunity for continuous training,
- various employee benefits (8 weeks of vacation, pension insurance contribution, meal allowance, Vodafone mobile tariffs, Multisport card, etc.).
Employment commencement date: from November 1, 2022 or by agreement
Place of work: Brno
Contract type: fixed-term with the possibility of extension
Application deadline: 9th October 2022
How to apply:
Please send your application by the above application deadline - please use the link in the Electronic Application section (see below, or the Faculty of Law website - Public Information - Vacancies)
Your application must include the following documents:
- a structured CV
- a list of scientific and publication activities (if available)
- photocopies of evidence of qualifications
After successful submission of your application, you will receive an automatic confirmation of acceptance by email.
Suitable candidates will be invited for an in-person or online interview. The rules for the University's selection procedures can be found on the University's website in the Regulations on Competitive Selection Procedure at Masaryk University.
Information on the MU Processing and Protection of Personal Data can be found on the MU website.
Faculty of Law, Masaryk University, received the European Commission HR Excellence in Research Award for its human resources policy. We provide equal opportunities, promote diversity and strive to create a positive and satisfying working environment for employees.