AVP for Clinical Affairs
Job Title: AVP for Clinical Affairs
Department Name: Vice President for Medical and Health Sciences Office
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
TheCollege of Medicine (CMED) at Qatar University is the only national medicalcollege. It works to address the community’s health needs aligned with Qatar’s National Health Vision 2030.
The6-year medical program offered at CMED implements an innovative integratedcurriculum, largely focusedon problem-based learning, and leads to an MD degree, where English is thelanguage of instruction.Our active culturally and academically diverse faculty prepare the students tosit for internationalmedical licensing exams to guarantee their seamless transition into the nextphases of their medical careers.
Workingcollaboratively with key health care providers such as Hamad MedicalCorporation (HMC) and PrimaryHealth Care Centers (PHCC), theCollege is making valuable contributions to strengthening clinical practice,medical education and research in Qatar and beyond.
Pleasevisit our website at www.qu.edu.qa/medicine for further information.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads the clinical education in QU-Health.
- Lead teams to develop monitoring tools for various medical training programs implemented in the program countries.
- Advocates and support the formation of national accreditation framework for healthcare academic programs with key stakeholders in Qatar.
- Support the MOPH to establish a national Clinical Trial Unit CTU/ Research Facility CRF.
- Steer the Joint Department for Clinical Academics (JDCA).
- Promote networking to accelerate the translation of research into practice.
- Liaise with the MoPH to support establishing a national Clinical Trial Unit.
- Ensure the best integration and maximum use of clinical facilities within the QU campus.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Vice President of Medical Education.
- Education and Certifications: Ph.D. or equivalent medical degree
- Languages: English and Arabic are required
- Experience: Minimum 10 years’ experience in clinical education and clinical research and evidence of administrative/leadership experience
- Curriculum Vitea with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Current Curriculum Vitea.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online System and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category: Academic
End Date of Advertisment: 30-Oct-2022