Research Associate, Exploring the Social Determinants of Health of Older Adults in Abu Dhabi
Position Code 8800269
Position Type Project Based (Fixed Term)
Position Duration 01/Oct/2022 to 30/Jun/2024
Position Title Research Associate
Project Title Exploring the Social Determinants of Health of Older Adults in Abu Dhabi
Fund 8474000386 / FSU-2022-017
Academic Department College of Medicine and Health Sciences
Technical Keywords Social Determinants of Health, Older Adult Health
About Khalifa University
Khalifa University is ranked 181st in the QS World University Rankings 2023, and the top University in the UAE, with a range of research and academic programs designed to address the entire range of strategic, scientific and industrial challenges facing our rapidly evolving world.
Its world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities provide an unparalleled learning experience to students from the UAE and around the world. Our research and academic activities cover a broad range of disciplines in engineering, science and medicine through our three colleges.
Khalifa University’s research relates to key focus sectors of relevance to the UAE’s strategic economic growth and the technology platforms that serve as foundations for these sectors. The University’s research priorities are addressed in two categories “verticals” and “horizontals” which jointly cover specific industry and sector needs, technical platforms and expertise.
KU’s focus sectors are Clean and Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon Exploration and Production, Water and Environment, Healthcare, Aerospace, and Supply Chain and Logistics. Research in these sectors is enhanced by our research platforms of Robotics, AI and Data Science, Information and Communication Technologies, and Advanced Materials and Manufacturing as well as Fundamental Sciences.
KU is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to work on exploring the social determinants of health (SDH) of older adults in Abud Dhabi. This research aims to identify the priority topics within each of the SDH domains in order to tailor SDH education programs and research agendas.
As part of the project, the researcher will have the opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
- Master’s Degree
- Previous research experience
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Masters from a reputable university in Public Health, Global Health, Health Policy or related discipline
- Experience of undertaking assigned research tasks and starting to manage own workload
- Contributing to scientific papers and academic journal articles where possible acting as lead/ corresponding author
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to function as part of a team working on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines
- Well-developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Masters gained from and/or experience working in a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 2 year of increasingly accountable relevant experience as a researcher in academia or in industry
- At least 1 lead author publication in a Q1 journal in the relevant field
- Experience contributing to high impact publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location : KUK – Khalifa University
Job : Research Associate
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time