Assistant / Associate / Full Professor, Emergency Medicine
3 days left
- Full Time
The Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS), UAE University, seeks a candidate for faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor/Full Professor in Emergency Medicine. The CMHS operates an internationally recognized, integrated and problem-based curriculum and provides excellent research facilities. The primary missions of the College of Medicine are education and research, but clinical practice opportunities in affiliated teaching hospitals are available too. The successful candidate will therefore engage in teaching undergraduate preclinical and clinical medical students. The appointee will also be involved in the organization of clinical examinations in Emergency Medicine for MBBS and postgraduate certification (Arab Board, MRCP, etc.). There will also be an opportunity to take part in the clinical rota that covers Emergency Medicine at one of the two teaching hospitals, and to contribute to research within the CMHS and in collaboration with clinical colleagues in the two teaching hospitals as well as helping residency training.
Candidates for this position must
- Hold an MD or MBBS degree
- Demonstrate evidence of advanced training, and have certification/fellowship (or equivalent), in both Emergency Medicine from accredited centers in North America, Australia, Europe or South Africa or Countries where program graduates, specialists are eligible to get consultant license in Abu Dhabi, UAE according to current PQR.
These skills and experiences are important for the candidate to be evaluated in the application
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching experience in university medical centers, medical colleges, affiliated teaching hospitals
- Applicants should also have a track-record in teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level including designing curricula, overseeing courses and supervising student projects.
- The successful candidate will contribute to programs of undergraduate and graduate teaching, including the Junior and senior Internal Medicine Clerkships as well as providing patient care service at the affiliated teaching hospitals.
- Familiarity with USMLE, Canadian Qualifying Examinations or equivalents and the operation/accreditation of graduate medical programs and certification/fellowship in North America, Australia, Europe or the Arab Board is desirable.
- Strong research portfolio.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Applicants must provide Curriculum Vitae, names and contact details of three referees, cover letter indicating depth of interest
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.-CMHS
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty
Salary 40000-55000 UAE Dirhams per month, based on experience
More searches like this
- Medicine & Dentistry Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Medicine & Dentistry Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Medicine & Dentistry Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Medicine & Dentistry Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates