Cloud Administrator, Linux and HPC
- Key leadership role within IT – Technical Platforms and Infrastructure
- Full time, ongoing position at our Hawthorn campus
- HEW Level 8 salary + 17% superannuation
About the Role
This is a key role to provide leadership in the design, installation, support of the University’s core systems. As the Cloud Administrator, you will be a key stakeholder working closely with faculties across the university as well as research bodies external to the university.
The core systems will include High Performance Compute (HPC) and Linux systems that support the research departments and applications teams, and you will be required to work collaboratively with existing team members and the IT department to deliver these systems. Swinburne has a long history of hosting supercomputers and providing our team members with an opportunity to work within an innovative HPC environment. You will be a point of contact for systems support suppliers and control their activities, ensuring that their responsibilities are fulfilled in line with service level agreements and contractual arrangements.
There will be high technical requirements including management and administration of OpenStack Cloud computing, Linux Operating systems, Orchestration tools such as Puppet and Ansible and other systems related to Linux administration. To maintain and manage these core systems, Swinburne University of Technology will ensure there is a supportive team environment and appropriate upskilling across these key technologies. You will also be supported to maintain and enhance your professional knowledge and technical skills by keeping up to date with new developments and trends relevant to the role, organisation and industry.
Along with technical skills you will need to work with in a team environment, support other team members including junior members and foster ideas and culture that align with the strategy of Swinburne University of Technology.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
- Experience with OpenStack Cloud Computing (Compute, Network or Volume services) and installation, configuration and management of High-Performance Computing is highly desirable.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in the installation, configuration, and management of Linux server based operating systems (RHEL, Centos or Ubuntu).
- Substantial experience in a heterogeneous network environment, including Linux, Microsoft Windows and sound experience with public cloud (AWS & Azure).
- Experience with orchestration / Automation / Scripting technologies Including Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Excellent stakeholder relationship management skills including the ability to interact, influence, and manage expectations.
- A degree level qualification in information technology, information systems, or equivalent.
- Related industry certification (RHCSA, RHCE), and/or equivalent experience.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
- Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing why you believe you are suitable for this position.
For further information about this role and to review the position description, please click 'apply' or click onto it at the bottom of the advert.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Swinburne Talent Acquisition Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Friday, 30 September 2022 at 5 pm.
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Equity and Diversity
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our Equity & Diversity website.
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For any support please contact our Aboriginal Employment Coordinator at DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au or for more information on our Indigenous strategies please follow the link to our RAP Reconciliation Action Plan
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.