Research Assistant, Faculty of Dentistry
The Faculty of Dentistry at the National University of Singapore invites applications for the position of Research Assistant/ Research Associate to support translational research activities in the area of oral microbiology and molecular biology.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide research support to the project and conduct research project independently;
- Provide administrative support to maintain laboratory safety standards and housekeeping in accordance with prevailing standard operating procedures and policies.
- Bachelor or Master of Science Degree majoring in Life Sciences or equivalent;
- Able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature with an attention to details;
- Experience in culture of bacterial/biofilms; cell culture; confocal scanning microscopy; standard molecular biology techniques e.g. DNA extraction, RNA extraction qPCR, western blot etc.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.