Research Fellow, Department of Information Systems and Analytics
The National University of Singapore invites applications for the position of Research Fellow in the Department of Information Systems and Analytics, School of Computing (SoC). SoC is strongly committed to research excellence in all its dimensions: Searching for fundamental results and insights in healthcare insurance data, developing novel computational solutions to a wide range of applications, building large-scale experimental systems and improving the wellbeing of society. We seek to play an active role both internationally and locally in the core and emerging areas of Computer Science and Information Systems and Analytics.
The Research Fellow will be responsible for working closely with the Principal Investigator or Co-Principal Investigator on one or more research projects.
He/she should possess experience or interest in the following research areas:
- Health Informatics
- Aviation Fatigue Modelling
- Science of learning (particularly psychology of adult learning)
- Strong Proficiency in either machine Learning, systems development, and/or learning technologies (e.g., instructional design, multimedia, AR/VR/MR) will be a plus.
- A PhD degree in a relevant area
- Ability to manage very large datasets
- Ability to conduct large-scale experiments and surveys
- Ability to conduct and code in-depth interviews
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of advanced statistics and econometrics
- Familiarity with statistical packages (e.g., R, STATA, MATLAB)
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.