- BNU-HKBU UNITED INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE
- Guangdong (CN)
- Commencing salaries will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience.
- 06 Sep 2022
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences
- Job Type
- Senior Management & Heads of Department, Vice-chancellors / Principals / Provosts / Presidents
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Beijing Normal University-Hong Kong Baptist University United International College (UIC) invites nominations / applications for the position of Provost of the College which is to be filled as soon as possible.
Located in the beautiful coastal city of Zhuhai, Beijing Normal University-Hong Kong Baptist University United International College (UIC) is the first full-scale cooperation in higher education between the Chinese mainland and Hong Kong, jointly founded by Beijing Normal University (BNU) and Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU). Since its first enrolment in 2005, with the aim of serving China and the world, UIC has built a new model for liberal arts education in China by tapping into traditional Chinese and Western cultural resources. The college has established the Faculty of Business and Management, School of Culture and Creativity, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology, School of General Education, in addition to the Graduate School. Altogether UIC offers 29 undergraduate programmes, and is approved to offer 9 research and 5 taught postgraduate programmes for over 9,000 students. More information about UIC, please click on https://uic.edu.cn/en/.
UIC focuses on its teaching and considers research an integral component of ensuring academic quality, with embodiment of an international faculty members from more than 30 countries and regions as well as the world's top universities, providing students with the best academic resources and advanced teaching methods. As of September 2022, the College has attracted many tip-top scholars who together have nudged UIC into the nation’s top 100 in the concentration of high-calibre talents. We globally invite talents to shape the education landscape in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area.
Reporting to the President as part of the senior leadership team, this role oversees all academic and administrative units, provides strategic direction and leadership for academic programs. In collaboration with the Vice-Presidents of Academic, Research and Student Development, oversees student learning and support, academic planning, teaching and learning, academic labour relations, budget planning and resource allocation.
The main area of responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversees the Faculties, Schools, academic support and administrative units;
- Oversees academic staff recruitment, management, and development; as well as the respective human resources planning and policies;
- Accounts for all aspects of the academic programmes, including academic priorities, operations, resources management, strategic planning, and budgeting;
- Assists the President in steering the execution of the College’s strategic plan and driving the College’s collaboration with other higher education institutions, nationally, regionally, and internationally.
- Possesses a doctoral degree or equivalent terminal degree;
- A minimum of at least 10 years of related work experience in higher education, with the experience in a senior supervisory/leadership role with a record of progressive responsibility and authority;
- Demonstrates accomplishments in leading change within a complex university administrative role, and will be an enthusiastic and dynamic communicator;
- Works with diverse groups across the academic community, and manages people effectively, making sound personnel decisions, and fostering professional development of subordinate staff through appropriate tasks assignment and delegation;
- Familiarity with the higher education systems in both Hong Kong and Chinese Mainland will be a valuable asset;
- Proficiency in both English and Mandarin would be an added advantage.
We offer a remuneration package that is internationally competitive. It includes annual leave, housing allowance or accommodation, medical benefits, a generous start-up fund and relocation allowance.
Appointment to this position will initially be made on a fixed-term contract of four years. Continuation of appointment beyond the initial term will be subject to mutual agreement.
Please send your application by emailing to email@example.com.
The College reserves the right not to fill these positions, or to extend the search until suitable candidates are identified or to make an appointment by invitation.