Student Engagement Assistant
Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates.
To realise this ambition, we recently made a significant organisation change to a six College structure with a professional staff and services alignment.
We recognise the key to our success is exceptional people and we’re seeking an outstanding individual to join the team of our transformed university.
Fixed-Term until Dec 2022 | Full-Time
Higher Education Officer Level 4
$66,844 - $72,093 p.a.
Employer Liaison and Recruitment Coordinator
Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students)
The Careers and Employability team are a small collaborative team who work together to facilitate engagement between key stakeholders including, students, graduates, teaching staff, and industry professionals, that lead to information sharing and connections, to enrich student employability and increase career success for all students.
Under routine to general supervision, the Student Engagement Assistant will be responsible for supporting the end-to-end development and implementation of projects and engagement activities delivered by the Careers and Employability Team.
Key Position Responsibilities
The Student Engagement Assistant is accountable for:
- Responding to stakeholder enquiries received over the phone, email, CareerHub and customer relationship management system (CRM) in a timely manner, allocating to relevant staff when required.
- Contributing to the creation of tailored communication to increase student engagement with Careers and Employability programs and initiatives, including assisting with the identification of relevant communication channels, development of content and timely delivery.
- Providing project, administrative and logistical support to Careers and Employability Service Team to support the end-to-end delivery of projects and engagement activities.
- Supporting end-to-end student and employer engagement activities occurring on campus and online, as directed.
- Contributing to the maintenance of the CareerHub database, ensuring content is accessible and up-to date.
- Supporting the supervisor to identify problems and assist in the implementation of solutions relating to projects and service delivery.
- Providing regular and timely feedback to the team about the progress of tasks and/or support required.
- Assisting in monitoring engagement by collecting and examining data across Career activities and providing the team with data on achievement towards targets, as required.
- Any other responsibilities in line with the level of the position as assigned by the Supervisor and/or the University.
Key Position Capabilities
- Qualifications at Certificate III or higher within administration, business, marketing, event management, communications, design or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training in any of these areas.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills including the ability to provide quality customer service to diverse clientele.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated effective organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain databases and customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
- An ability to create and upload content to social media, including Instagram.
- Ability to create visually engaging content with the use of design tools, such as Canva.
- Ability to contribute to the development of online resources, surveys, and promotional materials including website content.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
It is a requirement of this position that the incumbent maintain a current Working With Children Check which is satisfactory to the University in accordance with the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (SA).
Flinders University has introduced a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all new staff members to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to medical exemptions and limited exemptions.
Information for Applicants:
A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
We are seeking to increase the diversity to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore we encourage female applicants, people with a disability and/or from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders descent to apply.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications Close 11:59 pm:
18 Sep 2022