Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor, Interactive Digital Art
City University of Hong Kong (CityU) is one of the world’s leading universities, known for innovation, creativity and research. We are now seeking exceptional scholars to join us as Assistant Professors/Associate Professors/Professors/Chair Professors (on substantiation-track) in all academic fields with special focuses on One Health, Digital Society, Smart City, Matter, Brain, and related interdisciplinary areas.
Research fields of particular interest include, but not limited to:
- biomedical science and engineering
- veterinary science
- computer science and data science
- neuroscience and neural engineering
- bio-statistics and AI-healthcare
- smart/semi-conductor manufacturing
- AI/robotics/autonomous systems
- aerospace and microelectronics engineering
- energy generation and storage
- digital business and innovation management
- fintech and business analytics
- computational social sciences
- digital humanities
- digital and new media
- law and technology
- private law
- healthy, smart and sustainable cities
Successful candidates should have a demonstrated ability to build a world-class research programme related to CityU’s strategic research areas, plus a commitment to education and student mentorship. Candidates must possess a doctorate in their respective field by the time of appointment.
Applications and nominations are invited for:
Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor (Interactive Digital Art) in the School of Creative Media [Ref. C/763/09]
Being the first such institution in the region, the School was founded to nurture a new generation of interdisciplinary artists and creative media professionals, and to develop new ideas and technologies for the creative industries in Hong Kong, Mainland China, and abroad. Now over two decades later, it continues to espouse and advance these aims as the clear leader in its field.
Students are trained across disciplines spanning computer science, media art and design, creative writing, cultural studies and digital technology. The School bridges the boundaries between art and science as well as integrating traditional and new media. It values applied creativity, cultural awareness, and critical thinking as much as business sense and entrepreneurial success.
Its internationally recruited faculty members are amongst the foremost artists and researchers in the field, and they have brought a global perspective and forged many institutional partnerships for the School. Graduates have consistently demonstrated high employability, with over 90% now working as independent artists and professionals in the creative industries, film, television, advertising, publishing, gaming, media production and post-production. Many have won prestigious international and local awards for creative and technical innovation.
The School offers teaching loads commensurate with the requirements of a research university, start-up research grants, and ample opportunities for professional development.
We are a looking for scholars/artists focusing on interactive, immersive, and/or playable art and media from a creative and production-oriented perspective.
The appointee will be expected to
- teach hands-on production core courses in undergraduate programmes of the School of Creative Media, along with elective courses in their area of specialty and some postgraduate (MFA and/or MA) courses, and advise postgraduate research students;
- play an active role in curriculum development, management, and design;
- maintain an active research and practice profile with a focus on contemporary and future development and applications of creative media;
- provide service to School and University governance; and
- contribute to professional engagement, networking, and outreach activities that enhance the academic and professional life of the School.
A PhD in Creative Media or related disciplines and a record of research scholarship and publication. Given the School's focus on technological literacy, we welcome candidates whose work demonstrates critical awareness and technical grasp of the hardware and software technologies that underlie current and future developments in the field.
A successful candidate would also possess substantial expertise and internationally recognised track record in creative work and/or production (e.g. exhibitions and/or awards), a coherent vision for the development of their field in relation to society and industry, along with thorough knowledge of the history, theory, and practice of digital and interactive art and media.
Candidates to be considered for the rank of Associate Professor and above should also have:
- A track record to demonstrate ability to take a leadership role in one of the School’s core areas of learning and research;
- A record of university teaching with experience in curriculum development, interdisciplinary programmes, and postgraduate supervision; and
- Track record of successful industry collaboration.
Salary and Conditions of Service
Remuneration package will be driven by market competitiveness and individual performance. Excellent fringe benefits include gratuity, leave, medical and dental schemes, and relocation assistance (where applicable). Initial appointment will be made on a fixed-term contract.
Information and Application
Further information on the posts and the University is available at http://www.cityu.edu.hk, or from the School of Creative Media, City University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong (email : email@example.com).
To apply, please submit your curriculum vitae through the website: https://www.cityu.edu.hk/provost/global-recruiting/. Nominations can be sent directly to the School of Creative Media (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications and nominations will receive full consideration until the positions are filled.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted subsequently to submit full application materials including:
- Cover letter outlining creative vision, career trajectory, and where applicable, teaching philosophy;
- Detailed CV (including information of all professional and research outputs);
- Teaching evaluations if available; and
- Electronic/online copies (pdf) of two significant recent publications and/or online references of two significant recent creative works;
- Candidates shortlisted for the post of Assistant Professor will also be requested to arrange for at least 3 reference reports sent directly by the referees to the School, specifying the position applied for.
City University of Hong Kong is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the principle of diversity. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes.
Worldwide recognition ranking #54 (QS 2023), and #4 among top 50 universities under age 50 (QS 2021); #1 in the World’s Most International Universities (THE 2020); #1 in Automation & Control/Electrical & Electronic Engineering/Materials Science & Engineering/Metallurgical Engineering/Nanoscience & Nanotechnology and #3 in Telecommunication Engineering in Hong Kong (GRAS 2022); and #41 Business School in the World and #4 in Asia (UT Dallas 2017 to 2021)
More searches like this
- Art, Performing Arts & Design Academic Posts jobs in Hong Kong
- Art, Performing Arts & Design Professors / Chairs jobs in Hong Kong
- Art, Performing Arts & Design Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Hong Kong
- Art, Performing Arts & Design Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Hong Kong