Research Assistant, Centre for Sleep and Cognition
6 days left
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistants for projects on the topics of mindfulness and sleep in the Centre for Sleep and Cognition, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine.
Our Centre studies the scientific underpinnings of human behavior and sleep. Through research and advocacy efforts, we seek to enhance human cognitive potential as well as to reduce the impact of lifestyle factors and neurodegenerative diseases on cognition and well-being. More information on the department is available at https://medicine.nus.edu.sg/csc/
Appointments will be made on a 1-year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion and publication of research studies and trials. The RA’s principal role will be to work in general practices such as recruitment, data collection, data entry and analysis. As the available position is a technical role, we strongly prefer applicants with experience in programming in MATLAB and/or Python.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Successful candidates will perform a variety of research operations in the lab under the supervision of the principal investigator or a post-doctoral fellow, including
- Undertake the day to day running of projects e.g. Collaborate with team members at the study sites, recruitment, data collection
- Preprocess and analyze neuroimaging and physiological data under guidance
- Conduct literature searches, using SPSS to enter data, and analyse data and maintain a trial database, as well as assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the project
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The applicant should:
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in psychology, neuroscience, engineering, or a related discipline.
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail; and
- have knowledge of computer applications, e.g. SPSS, MS office, PowerPoint.
- relevant research experience, knowledge of statistics, and familiarity with programming (particularly MATLAB) are highly desirable.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 9068