Industry Fellow, Child and Family Health
- Part-time, 3-year Fixed Term position
- Salary Academic Level B + 17% Superannuation
- Based at the Bundoora campus
About the Role
As the Industry Fellow, Child and Family Health, you are responsible for carrying out teaching activities within the Child and Family Health post graduate program and for maintaining and advancing your scholarly, research and/or professional capabilities.
You will be expected to actively promote the program by establishing and maintaining memberships, links, and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities. As the Industry Fellow, you will be expected to work collaboratively and collegially with fellow academics within the teaching team, and update colleagues and students on developments in Maternal and Child Health.
You may also be responsible for course coordination and contribute to planning and support for placements and liaising with clinical agencies and the RMIT WIL Team to make recommendations for clinical contracts.
To be successful in this position, you'll have as a minimum:
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver courses at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Ability to undertake course coordination role.
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Sound knowledge of the Victorian Maternal and Child Health service and contemporary issues.
- Demonstrated professional practice within the previous five years and experience working within the higher education sector to deliver programs with a Child and Family Health focus.
- Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife
- Evidence of a Post Graduate Qualification at minimum Graduate Diploma level in Child and Family Health and a qualification at Master level
Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children and National Police Check.
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability and a separate document focusing on the key selection criteria for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below.
Applications close on Sunday 18 Sep 2022 11:59 pm.
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 95,000 students and close to 10,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMIT's leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/