Research Associate (Electronics Hardware)
- Develop the electronics hardware for the spacecraft subsystems and payloads
- Generate the hardware specifications based on the system requirements and define the interface protocol between subsystems and payloads
- Generate test specifications to verify the system operations, and ensure reliability
- Perform development and functional testing
- Work with team members to ensure the smooth integration of various subsystems
- Document all processes and implementation
- Manage tasks according to project schedule
- Selection and qualification of components for spacecraft applications
- Design and evaluate prototypes
- Code and debug in embedded C
- PCB design compliant to EMI/EMC requirements
- Perform EMI/EMC testing and troubleshooting
- Work with the mechanical engineers to define the optimum harnessing requirements and specifications
- Work closely with PCB fabrication and assembly vendors
- At least a Masters degree in Engineering from a reputable university.
- Must have 2-year of relevant work experience
- Fluent verbal and written communication.
- Experience in power electronic circuits and embedded systems
- Good understanding in embedded systems and able to program in embedded C
- Experience in various interface buses such as CAN, SPI, I2C
- Practical hands-on skills (debugging, troubleshooting, soldering, harnessing) to support the hardware development and testing
- Team-oriented individual with good inter-personal, reporting and communication skills
- Open to fixed-term contract
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 16745