Research Assistant, Biological Sciences
2 days left
- Full Time
The successful candidate will work with Associate Professor Utkur Mirsaidov on exciting research nanoscience projects using cutting-edge in-situ high-resolution transmission electron microscopic techniques (TEM).
- Developing image processing algorithms, structural visualization.
- Responsible for micro- and nanofabrication, process improvements, developing designs for new devices.
- The candidate will be the link between researchers, hardware and operations and work in close cooperation with all three profiles.
- Since the candidate will be working in an international and multicultural environment, fluency in English and good people skills are essential.
- We are a group of dynamic and creative researchers who love science, looking for like-minded candidates who are willing to head on challenges and go extra miles.
The successful candidate is also privileged to be trained on advanced microscopic techniques that bring you to the next level in the research world.
- Transmission electron microscope (TEM)
- Atomic force microscope (AFM)
- Scanning electron microscope-focus ion beam (SEM-FIB)
- 2D material transfer and fabrication
Qualifications / Discipline:
- BS or higher in one of the following disciplines: Physics (preferred), Engineering, Mathematics
- Main: Solid programming skills with experience in Python/Matlab/Mathematica
- Bonus: Imaging process, visualization, scientific image analysis experience
- Bonus: 2D materials, nanomaterial, cleanroom experience
- Possess great interpersonal and communication skills, hard-working and not afraid of challenges
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: [[Kent Ridge]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department : [[Department of Biological Sciences]]
Employee Referral Eligible: [[No]]
Job requisition ID : 12154