Research Fellow, International Relations, Technology and Artificial Intelligence
The Centre on Asia and Globalisation (CAG), at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore, invites applications for a Research Fellowship in the field of International Relations with a focus on technology and artificial intelligence (AI).
The Lee Kuan Yew School is a leading school of public policy with an international faculty and student body. CAG was established in 2006 to provide accurate, independent, and high-quality analysis on issues of regional and global significance for academia, decision-makers, commentators, and the general public. Its current research agenda focuses on: the prospects of regional and global order; the future of economic globalisation/de-globalisation and their impact on Asia; the alignment postures of Southeast Asia in an era of superpower competition; and the impact of technology and artificial intelligence on international politics (https://lkyspp.nus.edu.sg/cag).
The candidate will conduct independent, in-depth, and fruitful research on issues in his/her expertise and contribute to the Centre’s research on technology and AI in international politics, including techno-nationalism and the impact of technology and AI on US-China rivalry. He/she is expected to initiate and organize research projects, workshops, conferences and other research events. He/she should be able to reach out to publishers and actively engage with academia, policy practitioners, media and business leaders as well as apply for external grants. In addition, he/she is expected to play a role in coordinating with other researchers and contribute to the broader intellectual life of the centre which focuses on the international relations of Asia.
- A Ph.D. degree in Political Science/International Relations
- Expertise in the international relations aspects of technology and AI
- An ability to engage with policy and research communities in Singapore, Asia, and around the world
- A strong and demonstrated sense of academic independence and collegiality
- A willingness to engage in interdisciplinary interactions at the School
- Internationally competitive salary, 3-year renewable contract
- Housing benefit, travel assistance, and transit accommodation, subject to NUS eligibility criteria
- Highly collegial working environment with an internationally diverse group of scholars
- Excellent research support provided by CAG, the LKY School and the University
Applicants should submit the following in electronic form (MS Word or PDF file):
- Cover letter, with a brief statement of research expertise and its relevance to CAG’s existing research interests
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Academic certificates and transcripts
- Two samples of academic publications
- Three letters of reference (mail to email@example.com)
- Joining date: June 15, 2023 (preferred, but negotiable)
- Application deadline: September 30, 2022
Please send electronic submissions to Ms. Serene Teang (firstname.lastname@example.org).
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Bukit Timah Campus
Organization: Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
Department : Academic Affairs
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 16725