Research Associate in Asia Research Institute (CESEA)
1 day left
- Full Time
Asia Research Institute
The Asia Research Institute (ARI), National University of Singapore (NUS), invites applications for the full-time position of Research Associate to work on a major, five-year long research project, funded by the Social Sciences Research Council (SSRC) Singapore, under its Thematic Grant programme, entitled Climate Governance of Nature-based Carbon Sinks in Southeast Asia. The position is available on a full-time basis for one year in the first instance, but extendable for a further four years, pending review (up to five years in total).
The successful candidate will possess relevant experience and interest in environment and development issues in Southeast Asia. The candidate will have expertise in Information Technology (IT) and website design, necessary for the operation and maintenance of our digital portal (Carbon Exchange for Southeast Asia, CESEA). Candidate will be required to liaise with our research consortium members in maintaining our research networks and project updates on social media sites. The RA will also be responsible for administering all aspects of the project, from making travel and conference bookings to procurement and processing payments to compiling and collating data for annual reports and auditing, on a day-to-day basis. In addition, s/he will organise the logistical details of workshops and conferences and take minutes of meetings with stakeholders. The RA will also take responsibility for liaising with Singapore-based community groups involved in the research.
The successful candidate should have at least a Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Geography, Environmental Studies or International Development).
Applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Interest and experience in environmental governance processes in Asia
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English
- Experience in the dissemination of information through various media platforms
- Website design and maintenance experience
- Basic accounting / auditing skills
- Organizational skills for administrative tasks
- Report-writing skills Inter-personal skills for liaising with industry partners and collaborators and organising events
- Ability to work independently and innovatively
Terms & Conditions
- Contract commencing on 1 October 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter for an initial period of 12 months, renewable on satisfactory review for up to a further four years, pending performance review.
- A competitive salary and excellent working environment.
- All salary and benefits-in-kind are subject to taxation in accordance with Singaporean tax laws.
- Other benefits that NUS provides and information about living and working in Singapore are available at http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/potentialhires/index.html
*Terms and conditions, according to university guidelines, are subject to change without prior notice.
To apply for this position, please combine the following documents in 1 PDF and attach it under the CV column when submitting your application:
- Full Curriculum vitae, including the names of two referees who would be prepared to provide confidential references.
- Letter of application not exceeding 500 words, describing the reasons for being interested in the position and relevant past experience. Applicants should also type the following in the subject line of their email: Climate Governance grant – Research Associate application
- Academic certificates and transcripts.
Interested candidates, please submit your application by 31 July 2022. Evaluation of applications will commence on 1 August 2022 and will continue until a suitable candidate is found. Shortlisted candidates will be notified soon thereafter and interviewed in-person or online (via zoom), as appropriate.
For further enquiries about this position and/or about the Climate Governance of Nature-based Carbon Sinks in Southeast Asia research project, please contact Dr. Michelle Miller: Michelle.Miller@nus.edu.sg
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Asia Research Institute
Department : Research
Job requisition ID : 15854