Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor in Construction (Sustainability)
Successful candidates will join the Engineering (ENG) Cluster (one of five domain clusters in SIT), as members of a team of accomplished experts who are passionate about higher education and deeply involved with industry transformation through their applied research programmes. Faculty in the ENG Cluster undertake funded industry-relevant research, teach courses in civil, mining, electrical, mechanical, material, marine and systems engineering as well as supervise graduate industry masters and doctorate students in relevant topics. They are also provided with paid leave to undertake consultancy work with industry and/or spend time attached to work with industry.
FACULTY OPENINGS AT THE SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) aspire to be a leader in innovative learning by integrating learning, industry and community. Its mission is to nurture and develop individuals who build on their interests and talents to impact society in meaningful ways.
Our engineering degree and master programmes at SIT have been developed through extensive consultation with industry, thus creating a curriculum that supports the industry’s needs in manpower development and innovation. We look forward to appointee with industrial experience to foster applied learning in the course being delivered.
SIT focuses on working with the industry on translational research and innovation, spanning technology readiness levels (TRLs) 3-7. Unlike traditional research which is discovery-oriented, applied research projects have higher TRLs which bridge the gap between theoretical research and industry applications. SIT Engineering Cluster focused on the three key pillars of Applied Research (i) Infrastructure (Maintenance) (ii) Sustainability (Built Environment) (iii) Energy Resilience to work with the industrial sectors in Singapore as well as in the region.
For this faculty position, we are looking for appointee with the following essential and desirable skillset and competencies to support the Sustainability (Built Environment) Applied Research Pillar.
- Emerging and disruptive construction technologies
- Expert in high performance construction materials with reduced embodied carbon
- Have prior working experience on structural/infrastructural engineering projects
- To support initiatives in Construction Technology Innovation Laboratory (CTIL) and Center for Infrastructure and Tunnel Engineering (CITE) in SIT and be well connected to the industry players in Build Environmental Sector
- Experience in advanced Construction eg. building super-structure and sub-structures and deepen research in construction technology
- Work on project related to Structural and Tunnel Engineering and focusing on infrastructure such as bridges, overhead viaducts, underground MRT box stations and tunnels
- Having research on Composite Construction Materials
- Preferred to be a PE in Civil Engineering and having a PhD (in Civil Engineering)
Applications close: 30 Sep 2022 Singapore Standard Time