Science Communication Officer
The Cluster of Excellence "Physics of Life" (PoL) (https://physics-of-life.tu-dresden.de/en), which is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) since January 2019, is an interdisciplinary research center that combines biological physics, cell and developmental biology and bioinformatics (https://physics-of-life.tu-dresden.de/en).
The Cluster of Excellence "Physics of Life" (PoL) offers a position as
Science Communication Officer (m/f/x)
(subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting as soon as possible. The position is initially limited until December 31, 2025 (time limitation pursuant to TzBfG).
Tasks: In your position, you will have the opportunity to shape the external perception of the Cluster of Excellence. You will work closely with the PoL management and scientists as well as with the public relations of the TU Dresden and the DRESDEN-concept partner institutes. In your role, you will translate the groundbreaking research at PoL for the public to increase the awareness for fundamental research. Tasks include:
- conceptual design of science communication policies with the aim to increase the visibility of the research and scientists at PoL;
- conceptual design and content development for social media (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn) and print media;
- writing of scientific texts for the general public and media;
- design and coordination of multimedia content (e.g. graphics, video);
- project coordination for scientific events, programs for young scientists and the transfer of knowledge into society (e.g. scientific conferences, events/exhibits for children and society, Long Night of Science).
- university degree (life and natural sciences or comparable), preferably with PhD degree;
- experience in science management, project and process management as well as in the organization of events;
- experience and skills in writing of scientific texts for different audiences;
- confident handling of social media channels;
- excellent social skills as well as communication skills in German and English are required.
- expertise in CMS (e.g. Typo3), media design (image editing, graphics) and/or with photography, sound and video recording would be a plus.
What we offer: a challenging and varied job in a dynamic and international environment in an innovative team; opportunities for continuing education and training; flexible work time models that allow you to combine family, career and care; participation in the additional public service pension scheme via the VBL and the possibility of purchasing a job ticket.
TU Dresden seeks to specifically support persons with disabilities and therefore asks them to provide relevant information when submitting their application. In case of equal suitability, people with severe disabilities or those with equivalence to the German Social Code IX (SGB IX) will be preferred for employment.
Please submit your comprehensive application by October 4, 2022 (stamped arrival date applies) including a cover letter explaining your motivation to apply for this position, your CV and references, preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de in a single pdf document to email@example.com (subject line ‘Science Communication Officer’) or to: TU Dresden, Exzellenzcluster "Physik des Lebens" (PoL), z. Hd. Frau Dr. Maria Begasse, Arnoldstr. 18, 01307 Dresden, Germany. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis