Research Fellow, Chemistry
3 days left
- Full Time
The successful candidate will work with A/Prof Suresh Valiyaveettil on material synthesis under a project on developing novel metal organic networks.
The main responsibilities of the position includes:
- Conduct research in the area of material synthesis
- Collect and analyse the data
- Publish the data on time
- Prepare and keep an up to date lab report
- Prepare and present weekly report
- Help with laboratory safety management
- Coordinate with group of people involved in the project
- Qualifications / Discipline: PhD degree in organic synthesis or polymer synthesis
- Able to conduct independent experiments in a chemical laboratory
- Knowledge of various spectroscopic (FTIR, UV-Vis, Fluorescence), thermal (TGA, DSC), structural (XRD) and microscopic (Optical, SEM) analytical techniques
- Proven research track record (e.g. publications in international journals) in material synthesis and characterisation.
- Strong research experience in material synthesis and characterization, good publication record, analysis of characterization data are considered important for this position.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Chemistry
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 16628