Senior Lecturer/Reader in Human Resources Management and Organisational Behaviour
Application closing date: 03/10/2022
Salary: Senior Lecturer - £54,949 to £63,673 per annum. Reader - £61,823 to £67,540 per annum.
Job category/type: Academic
Queen's Management School at Queen’s University Belfast is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Senior Lecturer/Reader in Human Resource Management (HRM)/Organisational Behaviour (OB). This is a key post within the Queen’s Management School’s HRMOB Group. At a time of growth, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape and strengthen the future direction of the HRMOB Group from both a research and teaching perspective. Our supportive research environment enables attendance at national/international conferences, facilitates the pursuit of high-quality publications and fosters meaningful engagement with non-academic stakeholders. The appointed candidate will get the opportunity to interact and work with colleagues whose research is internationally renowned for excellence and high societal impact. Current and incoming HRMOB Group members have published their work in leading scholarly journals including the Journal of Management, Journal of Organizational Behaviour, Human Relations, Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, Work, Employment & Society, and Human Resource Management Journal.
The successful candidates’ application should clearly demonstrate:
- A PhD in HRM/OB or related discipline.
- Recognised excellence and reputation in the HRM/OB areas.
- A sustained publication record of international excellence in the HRM/OB areas.
- Experience of teaching and assessment in HRM/OB at university level.
- The ability to contribute to successful, sustained postgraduate student supervision as primary supervisor, normally at PhD level.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.