Professor of Digital Marketing and Systems
Application closing date: 03/10/2022
Salary: Professorial salary will be determined in accordance with the professorial ranges applied within the University.
Job category/type: Academic
Queen's Management School is seeking to further strengthen its academic reputation by appointing a Professor of Digital Marketing and Systems to provide research leadership in line with the School’s research strategy, teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and to contribute to the School’s administration and external engagement activities. This is an important position within the Information Technology, Analytics, and Operations Group in Queen’s Management School. At a time of growth, the successful candidate has the potential to shape and strengthen the future research and teaching directions of the group. Our supportive research environment enables attendance at national/international conferences, facilitates the pursuit of high-quality publication and fosters meaningful engagement with non-academic stakeholders. The appointed candidates will get the opportunity to interact and work with colleagues whose research is internationally renowned for excellence and high societal impact.
The successful candidate’s application should clearly demonstrate:
- A PhD in Marketing or Information Systems or related discipline.
- Recognised excellence and reputation in the marketing and information systems areas.
- A sustained publication record of international excellence in the marketing and information systems areas.
- Experience of teaching and assessment in marketing and information systems at university level.
- The ability to contribute to successful, sustained postgraduate student supervision as primary supervisor, normally at PhD level.
- Substantial experience of providing academic leadership at a strategic level (e.g., Director of Research, Head of Group).
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and
Informal enquiries may be directed to: Dr Stephanie Graham at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Prof Min Zhang, at email: email@example.com