Lecturer in Biosciences, Teaching Academic Level (B)
- Based in the UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences Unit at the City East campus
- Full-time, three-year fixed term contract
- Commencement Salary: $104,838 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
The position is primarily focused on the preparation and delivery of teaching activities within UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences’ undergraduate and/or postgraduate programs. This position will contribute to the development of curricula and will utilise professional/discipline-related expertise to deliver high-quality teaching across the disciplines of biology, physiology, biomedical sciences, nutrition and food sciences. There will be a particular focus on teaching large courses in anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology to students from a range of degrees in nursing, midwifery and allied health. The Lecturer is responsible for carrying out a range of activities to develop and maintain scholarly expertise related to the discipline.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
One of seven Academic Units, UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences offers a wide range of degrees and conducts world-class research in the fields of nursing, midwifery, pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, medical sciences, laboratory medicine, and food and nutrition science with a strong focus on creating positive health outcomes for communities. Our degrees are designed and delivered to meet the ever-evolving needs of industry, ensuring graduates are career ready and equipped with the skills to meet future demands.
- Design and implement learning activities including lectures, tutorials, assessment and provide timely feedback to students
- Adopt appropriate teaching approaches (including face-to-face, online and blended learning) to promote student learning
- Contribute to the design and development of engaging course curricula and materials and ensure that teaching is informed by relevant research in the field
- Undertake teaching as part of the teaching team, including co-ordinating moderation of marking exercises
- Act as a student advisor by providing academic counselling, mentoring and advice to students
Essential Skills and Experience
- A doctoral qualification in Biological or Biomedical Sciences, or a Masters in a relevant discipline, or professional/industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to undertake teaching duties including the design and preparation of teaching activities and resources
- Understanding and experience in using a range of contemporary teaching methodologies
- Demonstrated competence in using the necessary digital techniques required for effective curriculum delivery
- High level administrative and organisational skills
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Staff study support
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Georgie Hart, Senior Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 4358.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Monday 5 September 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.