Assistant Professor/Lecturer, Clinical Psychology
Faculty of Arts and Social Science
- PhD / Master's degree in Clinical Psychology
- Strong interest and expertise in teaching, research and be involved in scholarly activities
- Candidates without a PhD degree but with good teaching, research & publication records from reputable universities may be considered
- Completed at least 1500 hours of supervised clinical placements, with not less than 700 hours of direct patient contacts
- Proficiency in local languages and dialects (e.g. Malay, Mandarin, Tamil etc.) is an added advantage
- Demonstrate clinical competencies in the all of the following areas:
- Adult Clinical Psychology
- Child and Adolescent Clinical Psychology
- Clinical Neuropsychology OR Clinical Health Psychology
- Evaluate and diagnose mental and psychological disorders of individuals
- Select, administer, and interpret psychological assessment to diagnose disorders and formulate treatment plans, and provides consultation to other healthcare professionals with regard to test results
- Treat psychological disorders to effect improved adjustments utilizing various psychological techniques.
- Document therapy in accordance with policies and procedures regarding medical records.
- Provide crisis and trauma intervention in situations requiring immediate psychological services
- Participate in continuous medical educational programs, treatment team meetings, and workshops to enhance professional development
- May instruct and direct students serving psychological/counselling internships in hospitals and clinics
- Provide psychological consultations to other healthcare professionals within hospitals, clinics, and other community based agencies with regard to patient care
- Initiate, formulate, collaborate, and report on psychological research or program evaluation.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Interested applicants are requested to submit an online job application via UTAR Career website (https://careers.utar.edu.my/) or send their CVs together with copies of all academic transcripts and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are requested to state the position applied for, current and expected salaries, and telephone number in the email.
Division of Human Resource (Talent Management)
UNIVERSITI TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN DU012(A)
Jalan Universiti, Bandar Barat, 31900 Kampar, Perak
Tel: 05-468 8888 ext. 2500
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.