HDR Senior Administrative Portfolio Officer
- Full time, continuing position
- Utilise your extensive administration experience and delivery of outstanding stakeholder engagement within our busy Student Administration Services portfolio
- Base Salary $91,644 + 17% Superannuation
About the opportunity
The Higher Degree Research Student Administration Centre sits within the Office of the Vice Principal (Operations) portfolio and is designed to provide HDR students with single point of contact for their administrative requirements. The Centre works in conjunction with academic and administrative staff in the faculties and other professional services units of the University to support HDR candidature from the point of enrolment to graduation.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- work with the HDR Portfolio Manager and other portfolio administrators to deliver an efficient and effective service to students and staff in all relevant administrative activities
- oversee the student's lifecycle by way of responding to complex enquiries
- utilise your consultative skills to review process continuously for improvements
- provide secretarial support or act as HDR Portfolio Manager in absence of the manager
- consult with students face to face to progress reviews, scholarships and enrolments
- act in your role as a Senior by providing support and guidance to more junior staff
- has preferably worked in higher education with close liaison with academics and across the student lifecycle
- delivers exceptional customer service in a high-volume environment across a diverse range of stakeholders within the business, externally and also on an international scale
- adapts accordingly to change and is susceptible to contributing to improvement initiatives
- demonstrates Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement, along with the ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- has the ability to travel between campuses including rural/remote areas (if and when applicable).
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Sajad Bahram, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 28 August 2022 11:59 PM