Administrative Officer, Student Records
- Full-time, Continuing position
- Salary Level HEW 5 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, and hybrid ways of working
As the Administrative Officer, Student Records, you will be responsible for providing a high level of service and expertise to staff and students across RMIT on all aspects of student record management. You will be responsible for management of onshore vocational and higher education student records including timely analysis of student enrolment records, resolution of complex enrolment issues, resolution of student financial related issues/queries, provision of expert advice on processes and procedures relating to the management of student records to school and college professional staff, the Academic Registrar's Group, students, and the wider university community.
For this exciting entry level role, you will grow in the role but also bring the below skills to succeed:
- Great customer service
- Attention to detail
- Think critically
- Build meaningful relationships and work collaboratively
- Multitask and manage customer expectations
Occasional evening and weekend work and restrictions on annual leave may be necessary during peak periods.
To be successful in this position, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in the provision of quality student administration advice and services, including a sound knowledge of relevant policies, procedures and performance agreements.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to think laterally to identify practical and workable solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the continuous improvement of systems and processes in a service oriented environment including the development or refinement of process documentation.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with proven ability to manage multiple tasks and re adjust workload priorities to meet conflicting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to use a range of information and communication technologies effectively including Microsoft Office software packages, web & email software, database use and management
Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children and National Police Check.
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below.
For further information about this position, please see Position Description below or contact Ester Gerrard (Manager, Student Records) via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Wednesday 31st August 2022 at 11:59 pm.
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 95,000 students and close to 10,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMIT's leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/