About the job
The World University Insights Ltd, publisher of Times Higher Education, is the data provider underpinning university excellence worldwide. As the company behind the world’s most influential university ranking, and with almost five decades of experience as a source of analysis and insight on higher education, we have unparalleled expertise on the trends underpinning university performance globally. Our data and benchmarking tools are used by many of the world’s most prestigious universities to help them achieve their strategic goals.
For more information on Times Higher Education please visit http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk.
Basic Scope and Primary Objectives
We have an opportunity for a passionate Product Manager with strong product management, execution skills and drive to join a growing team of product managers and product designers responsible for developing and innovating new products and features, from idea to launch. In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for driving the product vision, strategy, and roadmap forward, and finding innovative approaches to complex problems and opportunities.
This is a key position within the Product Management team requiring you to work collaboratively with internal teams to build world-class products aimed at the Higher Education, Student Recruitment and Events Sector that increases customer satisfaction and drives business value.
As Product Manager at THE, you will develop features, experiences, tools, and services to make the way our customers and users use THE as effective as possible. You will:
Set clear product vision and strategy for your area
- Own an ambitious roadmap that connects customers, business stakeholders, engineering, and design in a powerful way
- Prioritise the roadmap based on customer needs, revenue impact and technology considerations
- Identify and document product requirements for features in collaboration with product design and engineering
- Develop clear, relevant, and testable hypotheses for quantitive and qualitative validation
- Facilitate workshops and design sprints as an when required
- Monitor and analyse essential performance metrics and use this data to inform product strategy and identify opportunities to improve user experience and produce incremental value for our users and business
- Work as part of a cross functional team in the role of the PM/PO to innovate and execute product initiatives in response to achieving prioritised outcomes for THE’s business, customers, and users
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure we have the capabilities necessary to accomplish our website strategy
- Work to understand the market we operate in, customer pain points and commercial goals of the business
- Use product management best practice to achieve product market fit to create value for our customers and recognisable growth and adoption.
- Write clear, concise intuitive user stories and objectives focused on user outcomes
- Confidently run internal and external product demos, highlighting the benefits of how the product can be used by end-users to achieve their objectives
- Assess the impact of your product and communicate customer value to stakeholders at all levels
- Communicate with your squad to continuously improve how you work together, making sure everyone is productive, happy, and efficient
- Spread your knowledge and mentor other product managers within the team.
You Should apply if:
- Relevant and justified experience of product development
- You can set and build support for your product vision
- You’re curious and creative but able to decisively narrow scope and meet our most important goals
- You have extensive experience of product management in a fast-growing company with demonstrable experience of working within cross-functional teams
- You have experience with agile software development methodology, particularly Scrum and experience working with platforms such as Jira, Confluence, Figma and Miro to help guide product discovery and development.
- You can summarise user data and customer research into applicable data insights
- Working knowledge of product frameworks such as user journey mapping and jobs to be done.
- A collaborator who can work with a variety of teams and experts such as technical business analysts and technical architects.
- You have shipped numerous complex and high impact commercial products
- Have a working knowledge of API and Platform development (from a product perspective)
- Capable of tackling ambiguous problem spaces and challenges and comfortable working with technical teams that deal with ambiguity every day
- You have the ability to switch between strategic visioning and getting into the detail, being the authority in all aspects of your product with expert workshop facilitation and user story mapping skills
- You have the ability to translate business goals, technology strategy and market knowledge into a product roadmap that prioritises business value
- Capable of understanding how products are priced, implication of pricing decisions and able to work closely with commercial colleagues of commercial frameworks for revenue generating products.
- You have excellent stakeholder management, communication and product delivery skills - you will be working closely with Editorial, Commercial, Data, Marketing, Product and Engineering teams
Personal Qualities and Attitudes
- High EQ and empathy for both our external and internal customers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Highly intellectual, curious with the ability to learn quickly, assimilating new information, viewpoints, and ideas
- Flexible agile mindset with willingness to learn and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Possess a real passion for product, technology, innovation, and a keen interest in higher education sector.
- Comfortable participating in technical discussions with product designers, business analysts, web analysts, data scientists and engineers
- Able to communicate your ideas clearly and able to articulate the ‘why’ behind your decisions
- Invested in cross-functional team working, celebrating team success and proactively bring new ideas and insights to the table
- A natural leader who earns the trust of others with a collaborative style and excellent communication skills
- Calm under pressure and above all excited by what we’re doing here at THE!
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level
- Good knowledge of data analytics tools such as Qlik Sense, QuickSight and Google Analytics is essential.
- Knowledge of Drupal CMS is essential
- Able to evidence decisions using qualitative and/or quantitative analysis and able to analyse and interpret data (advanced excel or similar)
- Excellent and up-to-date grasp of digital technologies, user experience design and research techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Higher Education sector is a plus
THE are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that we are all different. Great strength is born through different perspectives and experiences. That is why we are committed to our mission of creating an inclusive culture that enables our people to feel able to bring their whole selves to work. We are proud to be part of the Global Equality Collective and a mindful employer to help support THE achieve this.
Apply for Product Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly