Postdoctoral Research Associate in Power Engineering
- Full time for 3 years
- Join a world-class research group in power engineering
- Base Salary, Level A, $97,043-$107,516 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The School of Electrical and Information Engineering at the University of Sydney is seeking to appoint a Postdoctoral Research Associate to contribute to the research in modern power systems.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- conduct research work in the field of smart grids, in particular energy management of microgrids and virtual power plants, under the guidance of the research supervisor and in close collaboration with other academic staff and research students in the Centre for Future Energy Networks (CFEN)
- apply and conduct competitive research grants and industry funded projects
- publish research findings in high impact factor journals and top ranked international conferences
- lecture one unit of study for the School of Electrical and Information Engineering.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate who has:
- a PhD in power engineering (exceptional candidates who are near completion are also invited to apply)
- expert knowledge of electrical power systems engineering, including renewable power generation, smart grids, energy management of microgrids and virtual power plants,
- excellent knowledge and skills of artificial intelligence, robust distributed optimization, and their application in electrical power engineering,
- excellent skills of numerical computing and programming in Python and MATLAB,
- strong research track record of working on research projects and publication in the field of electrical power engineering, and
- excellent teaching experience and related lecturing skills in electrical engineering.
The successful candidate will also have strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, work effectively in a team, manage resources and prioritise tasks to achieve project outcomes.
To apply, please attach a cover letter to your application that outlines your suitability for this role.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Rebecca Astar or Linden Joseph, Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Thursday 15 September 2022 11:59 PM