Senior Coordinator, Operations and Quality Assurance
- Located at Bundoora
- HEO8 - TRP $118,289 - $135,268 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
The La Trobe Animal Research and Teaching Facility (LARTF) is a Research Platform that provides the expertise, infrastructure, and technical support required to facilitate the diverse range of research activities involving animals at La Trobe University. This role involves developing and applying new principles and technology. This role is responsible for proposing and implementing changes to work processes, developing and defining proposals for changes in LARTF procedures, and formulating LARTF policy to consistently improve the quality and effectiveness of service provision. The successful applicant will be required to manage staff performing a related set of functions, usually with distinct areas of expertise; including the allocation of responsibilities, review of performance, training and development of staff and development or oversight of program procedures, priorities and quality control systems including budgets for the function concerned to more senior managers
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- A degree with a substantial extension of the theories and principles learned through experience; or a range of management experience; or postgraduate qualifications, or progress towards postgraduate qualifications with extensive relevant experience; or an equivalent alternative combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills with experience in managing and leading staff to promote cohesive and effective team and manage workflows.
- Ability to be responsible for program/system development and implementation.
- Ability to develop innovative methodologies or lead in applying proven techniques involving considerable theoretical and technical sophistication.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On-site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55 pm Wednesday 14th September 2022
Position Enquiries: Dr Tanmay Shekhar; E: T.Shekhar@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Lisa.White@latrobe.edu.au
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up-to-date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Essential Selection Criteria is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics.
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.