Senior Lecturer, Construction and Engineering Management
- Full time/Continuing
- La Trobe University’s Melbourne (Bundoora) campus.
- Level C - TRP $143,087 - $164,359 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
Make a significant contribution to the discipline at the national level and play a major leadership role in this pivotal position within Engineering.
The role offers the opportunity to develop and deliver high quality teaching programs underpinned by current research in Construction and Engineering Management.
You will make a significant contribution at National level to the innovative and effective curriculum and lead high impact research that will strengthen our existing robust and ambitious research culture.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated effectiveness in curriculum development and teaching with a commitment to excellence in teaching coupled with proven ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honour and postgraduate students.
Ability to encourage intellectual development and career aspirations of students is essential
Record of successful research student supervision Strong research publication, with appropriate
is required to be considered for this role.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: 11 September By 11:55 pm 2022
Position Enquiries: Hossam Aboel Naga, Head of Engineering Department firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: Melissa Magaton, Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner M.email@example.com
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.