Research Fellow, Smart Nano Northern Ireland
Queen's Management School at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Research Fellow. The successful applicant will assist in planning, conducting and delivering business and economic analysis for the project ‘Smart Nano Northern Ireland’, funded through the Strength in Places Fund (UKRI).
This post is available on a fixed term contract until 30/11/2026.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- An upper second class honours degree (or equivalent) or a Masters degree in economics, business and management or other relevant social science subject.
- Have or be about to obtain a PhD in economics, business and management or other relevant social science subject
- Established experience of using qualitative data collection approaches including business interviews
- A good understanding of management and leadership theory and research ideally in smaller firms
- Experience of communicating research to non-academic audiences
- A publication record commensurate with experience.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.