Project Manager, Engagement and Culture
- Full-time, continuing role
- Provide project management to support the implementation of the Research Portfolio's program of engagement, communication and culture
- $129,847 Base + 17% superannuation + Leave Loading
About the opportunity
As the Engagement and Culture Project Manager, you will provide overall project management and guidance to support implementation of a program of events, engagement, communication and other initiatives to support the key strategies and programs of work across the Research Portfolio, and the broader University. Manage and oversee projects, events and engagement organisation such as developing the project organisation structure, the project charter, workforce plans and project processes and resources required to support implementation. This role is predominantly required as an on-site position with some flexibility for hybrid working. It is expected that the incumbent will be onsite a minimum of 3 days per week and possibly co-locate with MDIs and CRFs as required.
- tertiary qualification and/or relative work experience in project management, communications, events and managing complex projects is highly desirable
- knowledge in planning, analysis and communications with the ability to work towards strict deadlines
- effective team player with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to positively influence key stakeholders in the successful delivery of project outcomes
- an ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement
- financial management experience and literacy, experience managing budgets
- sound understanding and consistent application of project management competencies including scope, time, cost, quality, HR, communications, cost, risk, procurement and integration.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Nicole Cunningham, Recruitment Operations, on 0449973799 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Friday 19 August 2022 11:59 PM