Senior Lecturer, General Practice
UNSW Sydney is globally recognised for making an impact and it’s our people who make this happen. We are Australia’s number one university for impact in research, and we are one of the top 20 employers in Australia.
- 3-Year, Fixed Term opportunity
- Role can be Full Time (35 hrs/week) or Part Time (21 hrs/week)
- Level C: $136K - $157K base (+ 17% superannuation & leave loading)
- Clinical loading may also be applicable
- Sydney, Australia based.
A Senior Lecturer (Level C) will conduct high quality research and make a significant contribution to educational excellence in the School and Faculty. The role of Senior Lecturer reports to Associate Professor in General Practice and has no direct reports.
Some key skills and experience required:
- A medical degree and Fellowship of the RACGP (or comparable international equivalent).
- Eligible for registration as a medical practitioner (specialist in general practice) with AHPRA.
- Extensive professional experience in general practice and or/primary care.
- (Desirable) A higher degree in a relevant discipline.
- Actively stays up to date with discipline knowledge and development.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and learning design using a range of pedagogical approaches, development and delivery of courses and programs, at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level.
- Experience of implementing educational technologies and online delivery methods.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness and passion for educational excellence and fostering this in others.
- Demonstrated success in initiating curriculum development and improvement.
- Demonstrated experience with industry or work-integrated learning.
- Demonstrated track record in research with outcomes of high quality and high impact with clear evidence of the desire and ability to continually achieve research excellence as well as the capacity for research leadership.
How to apply:
In your application, please include a resume and cover latter. Please also address the main skills and experience required in a separate document. See the details of the full position description attached here.
Please click on the following link To Apply
Contact (for job related questions)
A/Professor Joel Rhee – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 11 pm, Wednesday 31st August.
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff. The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.