Research Assistant, IAL Research Division
The IAL Research Division aims to provide a strong knowledge base for the development of practice in CET. It seeks to ensure that the development of policy is informed by research and up-to-date knowledge of international and local best practices.
The division also enables research in Singapore by facilitating projects and building research capability amongst practitioners. It also serves as a conduit for funding and commissioning research in the CET sector. Through practitioner engagement and partnerships, it works to build a vibrant research culture. In this position, the appointee will work in collaboration with the Principal Investigators and the Project Manager for the project(s).
The responsibilities of the Research Assistant include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the development and implementation of specific research projects including:
- Prepare and plan research project logistics, schedule and activities.
- Review, collate and analyse literature and findings;
- Assist in the design of research instruments and analysis;
- Data gathering, processing and cleaning in preparation for data mining and analysis;
- Analysis and research writing in required formats (reports, papers, articles); and
- Manage the bibliographies and literature review of the research reports
- Assist with day-to-day survey operations and liaison with appointed vendor
- Any other duties, including cross-divisional projects or events, that may be assigned by the management from time to time to meet the needs of the organisation and changing environment.
- A tertiary qualification in education / social science / economics / statistics / psychology (behavioral science).
- At least 2 years of work experience, preferably in the relevant research domain. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Experience in statistical analysis using common tools such as SPSS, STATA, or R.
- Sound analytical skills and a strong interest in development as a researcher in the field of adult and continuing education.
- Good report writing, communication, administrative and project management skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- The successful appointee will be based in IAL Campus located at Lifelong Learning Institute at Paya Lebar.